Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Two more days to go until the hysteroscopy!


Sooo... I've survived another day in my wait for the hysteroscopy this Wednesday afternoon. The good thing is that work has kept me busy enough today to take my mind off of the race to have a baby that otherwise occupies every waking minute of my day. I swore I'd never let it get this bad, but that's one thing about being on the ttc (trying to conceive) bandwagon... you can't seem to control the process... it controls you if you are not very careful.

Last month when we tried our FET, we had to cancel the cycle because my lining was too thin. My doc wants it to be at least 8 mm thick, and I had a high reading of 7.5 this time before it started to decline.... decline... decline... I'm still not quite sure how that happened. My estrogen numbers were through the rough; just ask my dear hubbie. He had to put up with the tears that seemed to sprout at every minute of the day. So, after 27 days of estrogen, my cycle was cancelled and we decided to do a hysteroscopy to be sure that nothing unexpected is going on down there in Uterusland... that's right, Uterusland... it's a national park now after all the folks I've had taking a look down there. :)

I've been doing acupuncture this go round as well. I started acupuncture for 3rd attempt with IVF as well; even though before doing IVF, I never put much stock in non-Western medicine. Boy was I wrong. I immediately saw benefits from doing acupuncture after my missed miscarriage back in January of 2008. Following that sad event, I was stressed (to put it mildly) and rather depressed. The acupuncture helped me to return to sanity and get a better control of my emotions. It also did wonders with helping me get rid of Lupron headaches and horrible nausea from the high amounts of estrogen in my system. And, low and behold, I got pregnant with triplets the last go round with IVF. So, you can believe I've been back to the acupuncture doctor's office again for our FETs.

This go round, I've taken alternative medicine to a new level. While on the message boards at fertilethoughts.com, I came across a woman who mentioned that she was pursuing BodyTalk to help with the side effects of the medication that she was on for her FET cycle. I immediately started doing research to figure out what the heck BodyTalk was. I soon learned, you stay completely clothed, it's non-invasive and that the practitioner "talks" to your body to see what's not working correctly. I figured if it is non-invasive, it can't do any harm, so... why not? If you had asked me 10 years ago if I'd be giving myself shots, doing acupuncture and now BodyTalk, I'd have told you that you were crazy... oh, yeah... and add to that the Guided Imagery for fertility and fertility Yoga that I'm doing and I'd guess you can say I'm completely on the "holistic medicine" bandwagon. I'll tell you about my BodyTalk experience in more detail another day... but trust me... so far it's been pretty good. :)

I wish you all a wonderful evening!

Sticky Vibes and Baby Dust to all!

0 comments on "Two more days to go until the hysteroscopy!"

Post a Comment