Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

Can I wait an extra day to meet you Masarra?



It's been a while since I've posted... but don't worry, Sami's still doing silly things to drive me crazy and keep me entertained at the same time. Most recently, he bought a car for the HUGE family that he'll have soon... 3 people call for a Tahoe with third row seating, right? lol And just like when we bought our house, and my car, as soon as he owned his Tahoe, he was ready to sell it. That's just my Sami. :)

Saturday I did a small yardsale to raise a little funds for the baby shower favors I wanted to prepare for the baby shower this weekend. Sami decided that my packaging needed a little jazzing up, so he took me to Walmart yesterday to spice things up. Once I'd finished, he told me that my packaging was now "SEXXXY!" Not quite what I was going for... perhaps he was going for "CLASSY" instead? :) Nevertheless, they now have his approval!

We went to the high risk doctor today, and in his words, "my cerclage is keeping my cervix on lockdown like a deadbolt". Good to know Miss Masarra is protected so well! She's weighing in at 3lbs 12 oz... right at 50th percentile. So she's perfectly normal, which is amazing considering I've been diabetic since week one essentially!! No big baby for me! She should be around 6 1/2 lbs when she's born... which brings me to the "bad" news of today's visit. I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE EXTRA 24 HOURS TO SEE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, yes, before, you all think it, I know it will totally be worth it, but dang it, I had my heart set on Monday the 24th. But today we learned that the lab needs extra time to process our amnio results, so we will do th amnio on May 24th and hopefully deliver on May 25th. I'm getting that booked next Monday so they better not change their minds again! Or else!!! Yeah, right... like I have a choice. :) Oh, and we got to see her breathing too... soooo neat!

Sami bought me a Baby Book today after our appointment, and lunch with Miss Jenn of course. He said he's getting more into the baby stuff now because "It's real now!" Yeah, cuz us going in weekly and seeing our little girl didn't make it real, I guess. Oh well, at least he's getting into the swing of things now. :) And he's kind of right... now that we've got 2 baby showers coming up in the next few days, and her clothes are washed, and we have toys for her, it does kind of seem more real. :)

1 comments on "Can I wait an extra day to meet you Masarra?"

Anonymous said...

Just a few days away? How are you doing now?
Jbeacham

Post a Comment