Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sorry it's taken so long!


I've tried to post 2 updates lately, and neither one went...and quiet frankly, I was too exhausted to try again until today. :)
Little Solomon is doing well and living up to his big name. His murmur went away for a day but has returned. We spoke with his doctor just now and he's not terribly concerned. He said the medicine could still work or Solomon could do it on his own. Let's pray for either!
He has his blood pressure under control, and his blood sugar is lowering slowly but steadily. He had a brain scan which showed no signs of hemoraghing. He's really a miracle, our Solomon. The doctors are even saying we can hold him soon.
Me... that's another story all together. We found the source of my fevers on Sunday night. Apparently when Rafe was delivered, some of his infection was transfered to the outside of my uterus. I wound up with an major infection there which lead to me being put on isolation until they could rule out MRSA (Staph). I've been on every antibiotic under the moon for the past two weeks, and am finally, THANK GOD, without fever. I'm just terribly exhausted now as my body tries to heal from the infection. I'm off isolation now as they've determined that the infection is endometritis. I have a neat little wound vac now that goes everywhere with me and will help me heal faster. They are even talking about me getting a picc line of my own so that I can get my antibiotics without blowing veins every day.
So, to end, please pray for us all. We all have an uphill battle ahead of us, but with God's help, we can do it. As always, we thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and support.
Love,
Sami, Tracy and Solomon

0 comments on "Sorry it's taken so long!"

Post a Comment