Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Solomon continues to do well!


The surgery really paid off! His kidney function has improved nearly 4 fold, and his blood is now going to all the right places. Every day presents a new challenge though, and for the past 2 days, it's been that he has a partially collapsed lung from spending so much time on his right side following surgery on his left. His vent settings have been upped to try and get the fluid that's accumulated on the lung out, and so far, it seems to be working. He's back on the billirubin light - nothing new - but his #s were not that far outside of normal. I told him he just likes to get a tan. Speaking of which, Solomon has georgous skin - it's just terribly sensitive given his prematurity. His doctor calls him scrappy still and had a relativley good report for me this morning. He's proven to all of us that he's both a miracle and a fighter, and I thank you all sooooooo much for keeping him, and us, in your thoughts and prayers.
I made it home from the hospital yesterday afternoon, which was more difficult than I thought emotionally. It's hard to leave Solomon here and to know that I'm going home with one fewer child than what I expected. It's hard, but we'll make it. I'm just greatful to God for giving me such a fighter in my son, Solomon.
Love,
Sami, Tracy and Solomon

0 comments on "Solomon continues to do well!"

Post a Comment