Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, December 1, 2008

We had another good day!


Solomon had another good report card today. He's off his bp meds completely, and is doing well in that department. His blood gasses are better so they are starting to ween his settings on the vent, and he's been responding well to that. Solomon's big goals for now are:1. Start feeding tomorrow2. Ween off the vent, and3. Decrease the inflamation that's showing on his lungs after the surgery (nothing unexpected, but a must fight nontheless).
He's officially nicknamed Scrappy now. His doctor called him that the other day, and I kind of like it. It describes him very well. Solomon's still on a little bit of sedative, but that's mostly because he's ready to wiggle around too much while he still needs to heal. They have cut the dose in half, and hope to continue to do so until he's off completely.
I changed his diaper again today, and he's doing well in that department. He is still getting rid of the merconium which helps with his billirubin numbers. They are low enough now to come off of the light, but the docs want to give him another day.
I swear the boy is growing! He looks much longer than when he was born. I hope to get pics up this week...I promise. They will measure him again tomorrow night. The doc says he still has some fluid in him and that I should expect him to lose weight for a few more days before beginning to gain towards the end of the week. He's officially 780 grams right now (1 lb, 11.5 oz) but the docs are using 700 grams as his true weight (minus fluid) which means he's gained 20 grams in 2 weeks. Now that he's past the PDA surgery and starting to see the benefits, he should begin to gain faster as he goes back on breast milk and continues his IV nutrition.
I am doing better too. My hospice nurses came for the first time today...what a riot they are. My "torture" was better today (changing the vac on my wound) thanks to good drugs which I had to promise my doc to only use when the nurses were treating me. I got a hair cut and feel like a new woman.
As always, thanks for your love, care, prayers and support. We don't know how we'd make it without your encouragement.
Love,
Sami, Tracy and Solomon

0 comments on "We had another good day!"

Post a Comment