Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Good evening everyone!


Well, I've started the Lupron shots... let the fun begin. I'm holding water like a camel, breaking out like a teenager, and going from tears to anger at the drop of a hat. I forgot how much fun medicated cycles can be!!!!! I've got 4 days under my belt now, so only another week or so to go until I get to add in the Estrogen...and then the real party starts... perhaps I should just go ahead to Sams and get two jumbo packs of Puffs...with lotion of course. :)

My biopsy went very well on Friday. My mom and dad made the trip from NC. It worked out great because Sami had class Friday morning when I was scheduled for the procedure. My fertility doc was very surprised to walk into the exam room and 1... not see Sami, and 2... see my mother who he met for the first time. He was soooo cute. He tried to ask my mom to leave because he was scared she would faint. I told him he should not worry about that in the least. After all, my mom's been a nurse for 33 years and jumped right in and helped my OB pack me last year when they finally found my infection at the c-section site. Once he learned she was a nurse, we got right down to business. The biopsy lasted longer than I expected. He biopsied 3 spots instead of the 1 that I was expecting. I tended to hold my breath more out of anticipation that anything. It was slightly painful, more uncomfortable than anything. I'd compare it to a series of severe menstrual cramps....bearable but unpleasant.

Now I get to do Lupron for a few days and then start the Estrogen IM injections... more fun. Right now we are looking at a transfer around the last week of September/first week of October. I can't wait. I'm already planning a craft party during the dreaded 2 week wait to get my mind off of pregnancy tests. :) If you are reading this and live in the Metroplex, you should be getting your invite soon. I love making crafts and goody bags for the kids in the hospital and the NICU families.

Sticky vibes and baby dust to all!

0 comments on "Good evening everyone!"

Post a Comment