Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, September 26, 2009

I can't wait to be PUPO!


So... this Wednesday, Sami and I are finally going to get knocked up. Light the candles and buy some wine! Oh wait, you mean that's not how they we do it? My bad... Looks like it'll be lots of relaxation, no perfumes or lotions to scare the embryos away, and lots of time sitting on the couch watching TV... yippeee! Let the 2ww (2 week wait) begin! Two of our embryos will be thawed next Wednesday morning and Wednesday afternoon, my uterus will welcome them home. My lining measured 7.7 on day 14 which is awesome since I've barely been able to make it to 7 by day 14 in previous cycles.

Basically, come Wednesday, I'll be considered PUPO, pregnant until proven otherwise. That's the time where for 2 whole weeks, I get to obsess over ever little twinge and possible pregnancy symptom despite the fact that 99.99% of them are due to the progesterone shots that I have to take daily. It's a blast! Right... you believe me don't you?! :)

Yesterday was my first intra-muscular (read buttox or thigh) injection of progesterone in quite a while. I guess I'll be on them for quite a while... hopefully anyway. I'll take them through the first trimester and then begin weekly shots of progesterone of a different kind (p17) that is supposed to help stave off preterm labor. Earlier this year, we didn't know if I went into labor so early because of an icompetent cervix or due to preterm labor, but now we know with a little more certainty that my cervix is out of whack and the likely culprit as I mentioned in previous posts. So, my hubby's informed me that I will be treated like a princess this go round and should not worry about a thing. If only life were that simple.

I just wanted to take a moment as I wrap up today's post, to say how thankful I am for all of the new friends that God has sent my way this year. I was talking to Wendy last night at the snack counter at the movies and I told her even though we had to suffer a lot in the past few years, I feel like God has truly shown me a wonderful group of people that I never would have otherwise come across. I appreciate all of you and you give me hope that this go round will be different as well as the strength to get back on this rollercoaster ride again. THANK YOU ALL and I love ya!

Sticky vibes and baby dust to all!

0 comments on "I can't wait to be PUPO!"

Post a Comment