Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Thursday everyone!


I am off to teach a seminar shortly on international trade. It's being simulcast across a few different cities, so that should be exciting...at least it makes the time go by faster until I can get to the doc tomorrow and find out if all the injections I've been doing have been paying off.

I spent an hour and half this week on the table at my acupuncturists "working on my lining". I feel a little like Frankenstein with all those needles in me... not to mention the electric current she puts in my stomach and back. I think I could jump start a car now... anyone need assistance in that department? LOL

I am a firm believer in mind over matter, so I've been doing guided imagery as well to help me along the journey. If nothing else, it's very relaxing, and let's face it, I need all the relaxation I can get right now. A friend of mine mentioned this past weekend that I seemed sad... I guess that's not the right word for how I feel. I just have the blah's from the emotional roller coaster that all of these meds have put me on. And, every time I turn around, I'm paying another doctor which can bring even the most chipper person down. OK Obama, you hear me? I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy... I'm sending kids to college and helping docs afford new cars and vacations with their wives. :)

Did y'all see the case this week of the couple that got the wrong embryo implanted? I thought about that once during our IVFs, when a friend of mine and his wife were going through treatment at the same time and place that we were. Thankfully, we got our own embryos even if the nurse made a mistake and brought my friend back to see me instead of his wife after the egg retrieval...lol... you should have seen the looks on our faces... he was like "that's not my wife" and I was all "what the heck are you doing here? Am I at work?" LOL... at least I could blame the after effects of the anasthesia for anything I said. :) Seriously though, it took a lot of strength for that couple to continue with their pregnancy... although, having been on this ttc journey for a while, I can totally get that this was, to them, the only viable option. That's like when our OB mentioned genetic testing last year with the boys early on in the pregnancy. He assumed that it was because of Sami's faith (he's Catholic) that we refused it, but the truth is that after fighting that hard to have a baby, we could not fathom the idea of "selective reduction" if something had come up on one of the tests. Even after everything we've been through in the past 3 years, we are firm believers that God only gives us what we can handle... I just wish, as they say, that he would sometimes not have as much faith in my ability to handle things...

Until tomorrow!

Sticky dust and baby vibes to all!

0 comments on "Happy Thursday everyone!"

Post a Comment