Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Kangaroo Care Rocks!


Sooo... Solomon's doc said this morning he was doing good, but not excellent. Well, we weren't having any of that! He gave me permission to do Kangaroo Care today, which is skin to skin contact between parent and child. Solomon still has several IV's, so I was surprised that he gave permission, particularly given that he has a major line going into his left arm which is very sensitive. However, once they put my son in my arms, he began to perform like a champion! His heart rate soared, his oxygen sat got better, and he began to breath double and tripple over the vent. He did so well, they let me hold him for 2 hours and joked that I should just move in to the NICU and hold him all the time. I already am looking forward to our Kangaroo time tomorrow! And yes, before you ask, they took pics of me holding him which I hope to get developed this weekend and will post online.
As always, thank you tremendously for your love, prayers and support!
Love,
Sami, Tracy and Solomon

0 comments on "Kangaroo Care Rocks!"

Post a Comment