Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our baby boy keeps growing!


He's at 2 lbs 2.6 oz as of yesterday! He may be a little less today when we go in because they've been giving him a diuretic to help him prepare for the blood transfusion he received last night due to slightly lower hematacrit levels. This is pretty normal though given all the blood tests the little guy has to put up with on any given day. We had a nice visit yesterday that was cut short (I only held him for 2 hours instead of the 3 we both wanted) because my stupid wound vac machine decided to act up. I will be soooooo glad when I get to remove that thing. Please pray that I get the go ahead on Monday to just use dressings on my wound until it heals. You have no idea what a hassle the wound vac is. It's also a blessing though because it has helped me to heal much faster than I would have otherwise.
Solomon is doing pretty well overall. His sodium levels are approaching normal and his blood gasses are pretty good. He's breathing a little on his own still, but is a little lazy in that department which, I quite frankly, think he's a little entitled to be after all that he's been through. We've got a few weeks to work on that though, and hopefully early next year he'll be off the vent.
We can start dressing him when he reaches 1500 kgs, and he's at 980 now, so I am getting his wardrobe ready. :) I've been told I can bring in his personal blankets and socks now, so the hunt is on for premie socks. Mama got his blankets washed up for me last night so he'll have his own blankets to lay on going forward. Every little bit of personalization helps to make the experience a little less surreal. Not sure if I mentioned it already or not, but his grandparents also bought him his first Christmas tree and nativity. And, Daddy had to be sure that his favorite jeweled out camel is there to watch over Solomon when his Mommy and Daddy can't be there.
Please continue to pray for all of us. We ask particularly that the Lord continue to give Solomon the energy to fight and to make the brain connections that breathing on his OWN is a good thing. :)
Love always,
Sami, Tracy and Solomon

0 comments on "Our baby boy keeps growing!"

Post a Comment