Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Solmon gained and ounce and lost a line! GREAT DAY!


Yep, our little guy gained a whole ounce overnight now that he's back on feedings, and has had 2 extra feedings a day added! His lung x-rays looked better today, and Doctor Perez approved the removal of his PICC line. It seems like just yesterday that we struggled so hard to get that line in place! His PAL line (arterial) is next to go and should be removed this evening. I know Solomon will be thrilled as the line and all the wrappings to keep it in place make is left arm look like a club. Don't let him fool you either, he will bat it around in a heart beat and work himself into a fit. His nurse today has the arm restrained in his bed and the little guy is finally calm without sedatives being used. I was shocked. He's not alarming as much, and just looks more at peace. I bet he'll be even better after they take the line out this evening. I know I'll be thrilled because if that line comes out, he gets more Kangaroo Care tomorrow!!!!
KANGAROO FRIDAY, HERE WE COME!
The docs are pleased with his progress and are slowly starting to ween him off the vent. He's tolerating it well so far.
I went for my two week follow up with my OB today which was tough, but we survived. I have a really good OB who goes out of his way to check on me and Solomon. I told him I don't know when he sleeps and he replied that if I want Solomon to be a doctor, push him towards dermatology so that he can get some shut eye. :)
We read the babies' lab reports and confirmed that both had been exposed to the infection that I have, but that we were able to get Solomon out before the infection could pass to him. We'd been told that before, but seeing it in writing is a different story. Especially seeing that they found evidence of infection in his umbilical cord too. I didn't know that until today.
Keep those prayers coming, and we'll keep the ounces comning, how about that? :)
Love,
Sami, Tracy and Solomon

0 comments on "Solmon gained and ounce and lost a line! GREAT DAY!"

Post a Comment