Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

My boy knows what to do with a passy!


I got to hold Solomon again today, and he was very very happy with that. I hold him during his feeds now so that he will grow to associate me with eating. He is up to 8 ml now and will be at 15 ml Wednesday of next week. I said oz before, don't know what my tired brain was thinking! :)
Solomon rested his head against me so hard he actually got a bruise on his little cheek. Don't worry, Child Protective Services has not been called as the nurses could see how happy he was with me. LOL
Solomon got a dose of medicine today, surfactant, which is supposed to help his lungs continue to grow and develop. Our goal is to be off the vent by week 34, so he's got a little over 7 weeks to go. He has actually been breathing over the vent a few times today, but with all that he's been through, it's easier for him to let the vent do the work while he concentrates on growing, and I can't really fault him for that. They are decreasing his IV nutrition now that he is increasing his milk intake. So far, his little tummy is doing just fine digesting all of that milk. If only Mommy can keep up with his demands...
I got to the doc tomorrow morning and hope to get my wound vac removed. Then I'll have a lot of my mobility back and be able to do more with my little man. Hopefully we'll both have a good week!
Thanks again for your kindness!
Love,
Sami, Tracy and Solomon

0 comments on "My boy knows what to do with a passy!"

Post a Comment